One of the things I wanted to make sure I researched before deciding on the components of my design was the things that make up underground environments, such as rocks and rock formations, various other materials, plant life, fungi and crystals etc.
I did some research on line, looking in to cavern environments and found some interesting ideas for elements to include in my 3D environment.
In order to keep my ideas flowing, I sketched out some of the objects and included annotations, (a few facts about the objects), and used them as a reference for my designs and ideas.
Some of the more interesting objects I thought to include after this research included;
- Glowing mushrooms
- Vines hanging from the cave ceiling
- Giant crystals growing from the cave walls
- Moss and fungi growing around the cave walls
- Ferns growing around the cave floor
- Fossils sticking out of the rocks
- Ores shining through the rocks
References: See bibliography [click here]